Contact problems with your food allergy?
If your especially sensitive to some foods, so much that even contact with the allergen can create a health issue, here are a few tips.
- For girls, wear capri pants instead of shorts. They help to stay cool, but avoid allergen contaminants on chairs and rides. For boys, you may want to take a blanket or jacket to sit on.
- If you’re allergic to dairy, be especially careful during warmer months when ice cream is most likely to be in every other child’s hands.
- If you’re allergic to peanuts, be aware that animal handlers at the Animal Kingdom may use peanuts as treats and, therefore, have peanut residue on their clothes and hands.
- Keep baby wipes handy so that you can always wipe down seats and tables in restaurants. While Disney restaurants may be some of the cleanest in the country, sometimes seats are wiped after a table that may have had milk, cheese or peanut ingredients, leaving invisible traces of food behind.
- Skip the Crocs and sandals. They’re cool, comfortable and convenient, but when you’re around that many other kids, there is bound to be food on the ground or in other places you might not otherwise expect it.
- Be careful when meeting and hugging Disney Characters at Character Dining events.